|You are at Kirill Fesenko's “experimental” site. Here I collect and share personal publications and materials dealing with digitization and online publishing in archives and libraries. I also use this site as a testbed for online platform (CMS) dLibrary/InfoRost, which allows for the construction of digital archives and libraries. If you have questions about the site’s content or technology, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org|
Current work. November 2018
- Digital Library of Russian Historical Documents (project in development)
- Современные требования исследователей к интерфейсу и функциональности электронных информационных ресурсов (рабочий незаконченный материал 2016-2018). Contemporary requirements of researchers towards interface and functionality of electronic information resources (unfinished work 2016-2018).
- Biodiversity Heritage Library STRATEGIC PLAN: 2018-2020
- ЭЛЕКТРОННЫЕ ПУБЛИКАЦИИ ИСТОРИЧЕСКИХ ИСТОЧНИКОВ В РУНЕТЕ
- Правила издания исторических документов в СССР (1990)
- АРХИВ КАК ИСТОЧНИК ИСТОРИЧЕСКОЙ ПАМЯТИ НАРОДА СБОРНИК МАТЕРИАЛОВ НАУЧНО-ПРАКТИЧЕСКОЙ КОНФЕРЕНЦИИ
A historical summary grounds new archivists to assess proposed changes for digital files. After presenting the basics of arrangement and description (processing) for analog materials, the text segues to digital materials incorporating the OAIS preservation model into a detailed, sample workflow. Although accessioning and technical appraisal precede processing, they are discussed because they are performed differently for digital materials and create a different starting point for processing digital files. Description is external to the OAIS model but linked to it. Recent advances in description and its delivery are presented along with concerns for the ability of smaller archives to participate in envisioned future developments that are technology reliant. New specialties like digital curation and data curation show the continued relevance of archival expertise for the digital future. Rich with extras, the text includes and points to many readily web accessible additional resources.
Archival collections at public libraries present their own challenges distinct from other library materials, but they also offer the promise of unique connections between the library and its users, particularly when the archives relate to local history. Written by an archivist and librarian with hands-on experience in multiple archival and manuscripts repositories, this concise guidebook presents best practices for the acquisition, access, and care of local history materials in public libraries. Providing guidance on creating a new archive as well as reinvigorating an existing one, it addresses
what makes for a successful local history collection, with real-life examples that can serve as models; policies, planning, procedures, and day-to-day work involved with archival collections;
processing, from appraisal and legal transfer to arrangement and description; maintenance of the collection, offering guidance on proper care, storage, security, and disaster prevention and recovery; and continuing education for staff. This book will help public librarians and archivists give their local history archive the care and attention it so richly deserves.
- Next Steps for FAST
- Потемкинские библиотеки. Почему оцифровка зачастую не решает проблемы доступности общественного достояния. Наталья Глухова 24 октября 2017 года.
- Цифровая экономика: ориентиры и миражи
- Digital Humanities for Slavic Studies – Part 1
- Keepers of the Secrets. by JAMES SOMERS. Sep 20, 2017
- Join Experiencing History to learn about the Holocaust through unique, original sources. With this tool, you can read, watch, and examine the experiences of everyday people to analyze how genocide unfolded.
- 2008 hidden collections proposal